Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy

I'm really, really happy here now. It's going to be so hard to go back. I almooost wish I had decided to stay for the summer. I wonder how things would have been different if I had.

Even though in the beginning I always rolled my eyes when people said stuff like, 'How are we ever going to go back to American ~~~~ after experiencing the Japanese version??' now I'm feeling the same. There's so much to love and appreciate here. I'll start a list of things that I will actually miss:

~ cheap and delicious cafeteria food
~ amazing Japanese toilet contraptions
~ conbinis
~ onsen
~ temples
~ how everything comes in a littler, cuter size
~ how everything, everything can be made chibi and kawaii
~ Japanese arcades
~ the food!!
~ being able to gossip in English in public
~ my amaazing cell phone
~ Luna
~ the feeling of constantly learning

In other news, I'm starting to believe I have no personality in Japanese. Actually, I pretty much know it. 日本語で面白くない。英語でたくさんSARCASMとかWITを使ってる。でも、日本語で意地悪いことを言うのは意地悪いだけ。面白くなくて、やさしくない。残念。いいWITを持ってると思いたいけど、日本語で使わない。ー__-

No comments: